CGI Frequent Asked Questions
1. I am getting a 500 error. What is that?
A 500 error on a script usually means there is a syntax error. There are two good ways to debug a script. You can first check your error log located in the stats section of the cpanel. The second way is to log into your shell and move to the directory the script is in. When in the proper directory type ./filename.cgi
This will tell you what and where the error is.
2. Where do I place CGI scripts?
CGI scripts can run anywhere on your account, not just in the cgi-bin directory.
3. What is CGI?
CGI stands for Common Gateway Interface. CGI runs on a webserver to enhance the site.
4. Where can I find CGI scripts?
We provide "canned" scripts in the control panel you can use. Also, you are free to install your own scripts. You can find some at http://cgi-resources.com or at http://www.hotscripts.com.
5. I need a certain PERL module installed. Can this be done?
In most cases this can be done. However, we will only install a module available from CPAN. To request this you should contact email@example.com. Note there may be charges for this.
6. What version of PERL do you support?
We currently support PERL 5.10.1.
Was this answer helpful?
1. What is FTP? FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol and can be used to transfer your files form...
1. What is MySQL? MySQL is the most popular Open Source SQL Database system. A database is a...
1. What is the path to PERL? /usr/bin/perl 2. What is the path to SENDMAIL?...
1. What is a sub domain and how does it work? An example of a sub domain is...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution